1449 - 1 Sloane Gardens
Kensington and Chelsea
The project involves the alteration and change of use of a 19th Century residential property within London’s Sloane Square Conservation Area, into a luxurious 30-bedroom hotel.
- Demolition of the structure within the façade with retention of all of the perimeter walls and of the two retail units below first floor level.
- Excavation of a new single level of basement beneath part of the existing lower ground floor and partial lowering of the rest of the lower ground floor level, using a typical underpinning sequence.
- Erection of a new reinforced concrete frame structure up to the existing 6th floor.
- Erection of a new single storey steel frame roof extension supported on the 6th floor slab.
- Installation of a new UKPN sub-station and a new service trench connecting the sub-station to the building under the pavement.
Client: Cadogan EstatesArchitect: Reardon Smith