0213 - 15-18 Rathbone Place
The project involves the complete redevelopment of an inner city site just North of Oxford Street.
- Existing site is made up of two large Victorian terraced office buildings that have been extended considerably in the 1990s. The existing buildings were demolished with the front façade retained
- Building positioned over the Post Office tunnels. Unloading/ re-loading analysis carried out at scheme design to justify increase in building height.
- Steel frame with composite metal deck slabs and service distribution through web openings
- Temporary façade restraint steelwork was positioned internally due to highways issues, requiring extensive coordination at an early stage
- Floor dynamics analysed in detail to achieve minimum structural depth, spans of up to 11m and only 1 internal column
Client: Royal London Asset ManagementArchitect: Buckley Gray Yeoman