0528 - 160 Great Portland Street
Following extensive refurbishment works to this prominent Edwardian building undertaken in the late 20th century, Heyne Tillett Steel were appointed to further improve the space through column removal, partial re-coring and re modelling the atrium.
- Cantilevering the floor into the atrium and recladding this to increase floor plate area
- Transfer beams remove several columns from reception and a new thinner first floor slab was installed to increase reception height
- Ground floor slab was also lowered to create a level threshold
- HTS worked for both the landlord, Great Portland Estates, on the main scheme and the incoming tenant, Double Negative, on their fit out
- BCO award winning scheme.
Client: Great Portland EstatesArchitect: Lifschutz Davidson Sandilands