1042 - Benjamin Street
Situated opposite Farringdon Station, this project involves the demolition of three separate buildings and the construction of a six-storey mixed use development with basement with AHMM Architects.
- Reinforced concrete frame, with flat slab construction and exposed concrete soffits, columns and walls within the commercial space, requiring careful coordination with the architecture.
- Formation of single storey basement on sloping site, with stepped ground floor slab, secant piled perimeter walls and piled foundations.
- Steel podium structures to form residential units at 4th and 5th floors.
- Constrained site requiring party wall agreements with neighbours, detailing and logistics to work around a public alley running through the centre of the site, satisfying Network Rail and London Underground requirements for working close to Farringdon Station and phasing to relocate an existing substation.
- Unexpected obstructions needed to be detailed around, including existing piles and existing basements.
Client: The Girdlers CompanyArchitect: Allford Hall Monaghan Morris