1802 - City Gate House
The original 1930s City Gate House structure comprises two buildings; a seven-storey E-shaped building with two additional basement levels which fronts onto Finsbury Square and a five-storey rectangular building with a single level basement fronting onto Lackington Street. The structure is being heavily refurbished and extended to provide a larger and more modern office building.
- Additional storey extension to the central wing and reframing of the mansard roof floors.
- Reconfiguration and extension of the existing central core to provide additional vertical circulation.
- Temporary works designed by HTS to retain 5 storeys of the existing façade around the core being reconfigured.
- Exposing and strengthening where required the original riveted steel columns.
- Removing and infilling openings for existing internal access stairs and escalator
Client: Brookfield Property PartnersArchitect: Stiff + Trevillion