0072 - Lime Street
A substantial refurbishment of a 1930’s office building in the heart of the city. Three full height lightwells were infilled and the building completely re-cored. Three floors were added to the structure.
- 30% gain in Net Internal Area
- All investigation works undertaken in fully occupied building
- Extensive material testing resulted in minimal strengthening
- Over 200 service penetrations per floor through existing downstand beams maximised floor to ceiling heights
- Building completely re-cored
Client: F & C ReitArchitect: Buckley Gray Yeoman