1046 - Old Street
HTS undertook this substantial refurbishment of 160 Old Street for Great Portland Estates. Designed and managed using BIM Level 11 protocols.
- 160,000 sq. ft Office Building.
- Three new floors added and building fully re-cored & area gained on all elevations by cantilevering floor plate extenders to red line.
- Extensive testing and analysis allowed Increased existing pile and structure loads by up to 40% without strengthening.
- Full integrated temporary and permanent works design, through enabling and main works contracts.
- Full existing structural model produced at stage 2 from archives, allowing rapid & informed design progress. Federated BIM models allowed regular reviews of the coordinated design.
Client: Great Portland EstatesArchitect: ORMS