1371 - The Black and White Building
The Black and White Building will provide a new six-storey office building located in the heart of Shoreditch. Working with architects Buckley Gray Yeoman, the development will provide a double basement in reinforced concrete and six storeys in structural timber, both glulam and CLT.
- Proposed structure comprising a glulam frame with CLT shear walls to the perimeter and cores
- Timber was selected as the primary construction material to celebrate the history of the existing building in addition to the natural and warm aesthetic that can be achieved by exposing the timber soffit
- On-going research to provide glulam / CLT composite panels for the floor plates to minimise structural depth and speed up erection on site.
- Proposed ‘Crittal’ look façade to expose internal timber structure
- CLT upstand panels to resist a torsion into the façade
Client: PrivateArchitect: Buckley Gray Yeoman