Clerkenwell Green, London
The Buckley Building is a refurbishment of an existing six storey building to the east of Clerkenwell Green. The original building was built in the 1930’s and was formerly known as Woodbridge House. The refurbishment includes the infilling of a central 250m² atrium, additional roof extension, new core and a new reception area.
The structural work included removal of a large number of internal columns and strengthening of the remaining columns. These were exposed as an architectural feature in the building. The new reception area included exposed concrete slabs and staircase carefully integrated with bronze metalwork.
Client: Derwent LondonArchitect: Buckley Gray Yeoman