1534 - The Export Building, East India Dock
The Export Building refurbishment is the third phase in the Republic masterplan following on from the award winning Import Building and East India Dock Public Realm providing a range of workspaces on a new campus.
- The Export Building integrates exposed CLT and Glulam frame into an existing RC structure.
- Additional floor space has been created by partially infilling the atrium, as well as a short two-storey extension along the north façade and a large two storey pavilion to the east.
- The new pavilion structure is partially stabilised by a bay of glulam ‘K’ bracing and is designed to support a possible future three storey extension.
Client: Trilogy PropertyArchitect: Studio RHE