1444 - KOKO
This project comprises the sensitive refurbishment and extension of KOKO, a Grade II listed music venue in Camden, to provide dynamic entertainment and hospitality facilities.
- Adding 180 m2 of restaurant space above an existing Grade II listed theatre.
- New foundations below the existing dance floor.
- Retaining a culturally significant section of façade and providing new open plan food and beverage space internally.
- Strengthening the existing structure supporting the dome to provide an additional 60 m2 of bar area.
- Maximising the floor to ceiling height by raising the steel beams into the depth of the floor slab.
Client: Vevil International LtdArchitect: Archer Humphryes Architects