1320 - Twenty St. James's Street
The building was constructed in 1926. The original architect was Sir Alexander Stenning and later George Vernon of Conduit Street.
- Refurbishment of 1920’s steel framed office building.
- Building has had a heavy refurbishment in the 1980s. Poor documentation meant in-depth investigation was required to fully understand the existing structure.
- Re-coring and infilling of existing atrium.
- Retained tenant at first, ground and basement.
- Complex temporary works around party wall structure.
- Rationalised a number of cores throughout the building to increase the core to floor utilisation.
- Led the temporary works to retain an element of RC which was found to be supporting part of the neighbouring building.
- Proved a higher imposed load to the existing floors.
Client: WELPUTArchitect: ORMS